Tuesday, July 12, 2016

STORMY DAYS MAKE ME THINK

I was always one to like gloomy days
I used to not know why
but it seems that the more time that goes by
I understand why

I like dark skies and the sound of thunder
 I like the way the trees sway as harsh winds threaten their existence
 I like raging storms— ones that make you tense up and inconvenience your day

I understand why I like storms
I finally figured it out 
I like storms because of the one I feel growing inside me
I don’t know how much longer it will be before I finally break
I don’t know how much more of this I can take

I am much like a storm
Dark skies to dark thoughts 
The sound of thunder can heard late at night
 as I cry for what feels like hours 

I am much like a storm 
or like a tree in a storm
I sway back and forth desperately 
As these harsh thoughts threaten my existence 

I am much like a storm 
Because if people knew how I felt 
it would make them tense up 
I would inconvenience them 
I can’t hurt anyone because 
I am much like a storm 

I like the way storms eventually calm down
They stop themselves from causing any more mayhem 
I wish I was more like a storm 

I wish I could stop myself from causing any more damage

No comments:

Post a Comment