Tuesday, July 12, 2016

AN ODE TO MY MOTHER

My mother deserves a lot of praise. 
She taught me right from wrong,
And how to be brave.

She has always encouraged me, And pushed me to be better.
For that I am forever grateful,
That’s why I wrote this letter.

                                                                  Dear Mom, 
You deserve the world. 
You made me independent and kind, 
And into a smart, strong, sensual girl. 

You gave me confidence and the tools to succeed. 
You told me I could do or be anything. 

From you I received courage, 
You’ve always been my number one fan. 
You are supportive and wise, 
I hope this you understand. 

For my 18th birthday, 
I knew the first thing I wanted to do 
Was to get a tattoo. 

A moon to match your sun,
so that every time I looked at it, 
I thought of you. 

You love passionately and care for others, 
I greatly admire your selflessness. 
From working full time to raising four kids, 
it is evident my brothers and I are truly blessed. 

You have sacrificed so much for us 
And we have been through a lot. 
From losing our childhood home to my chronic illness, 
You have remained my rock. 

We are so alike, so we fight all the time, 
but this doesn’t mean I won’t be your partner in crime. 
Thank you for all you do,
You are more than a mom to me. 
You are a friend and a mentor, 

everything I aspire to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment